Zen is the product of the the constant practicing of mindfulness. It is a way to feel, experience, express and understand reality in its entirety.
It is a Japanese philosophy, that is based of the teachings of the Buddha. It makes sense, now that I think about it, that sarcasm and Zen would go perfectly together.
It doesn’t contradict itself in execution or meaning. To be sarcastic you have to understand the subject matter thoroughly enough express different aspects of it.
Zen is about expressing multiple sides of one concept simultaneously as well. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some totally bogus Zen teachings that will, hopefully, give you a little chuckle! No insult intended to the Zen at all. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone; if so, it’s not my intention.
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt or a leaky tire.
3. It’s always darkest before dawn, so if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
4. Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
5. Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares if you ‘re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
9. If at first you don’t succeed……skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
12. Some days you’re the bug, some days you’re the windshield.
13. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
14. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
17. There are two theories to arguing with a woman – Neither one works.
18. Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.
19. Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
20. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
22. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our butts. Then things get worse.
23. There is a fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
24. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
25. No one is listening until you fart.
Source: MindTrip Magazine