Have you ever heard the sentence “That person has MOJO!” What does MOJO really mean? To me, it is about confidence. Confidence generates a non-physical aura that instantly draws attention from others and gains trust from others about your talent, abilities, and personal strength.
Have you ever thought that one of the root causes of an unfulfilled life is a lack of confidence? Confidence is absolutely essential to fulfilling your heart and soul desire and living a happier and more satisfied life.
So what is confidence? Confidence is a feeling of self-assurance about one’s own abilities or qualities. In short, confidence is to be at home with yourself in any given situation. A confident person loves themselves and their confidence radiates self-assurance, passion, purpose, enthusiasm and increased self-esteem.
Why is confidence so important? Confidence is the foundation for everything in life. Lack of confidence can lead to many social and psychological challenges in your life. Below are just a few that I’ve listed.
Self-worth and self-doubt issues
Not loving yourself
Isolation and fear of social life
Fear of public speaking
Not able to stand up and speak for yourself
Not able to say NO to others
Increased feelings of worry and anxiety
Fear of changes and getting out of your comfort zone
Here are a few questions to exam your self-confidence.
Overall, are you satisfied with yourself?
Do you feel positive and optimistic about your life?
Do you feel that you have a range of good qualities?
Do you feel that you are a person of worth?
Are you able to solving challenges and achieving goals in your life?
When we were born, our confidence is intact, but after we grow up, our confidence tends to diminish from the influences of our environment and society. How to exercise your muscles to develop irresistible confidence?
Here are 7 simple tips that will instantly boost your confidence.
1. Increase your self-efficacy by building your competence. Think about your strengths, what is really important to you and what you want to achieve in your life, focus on learning and modeling from experts in those areas and empower yourself with knowledge. This practice will increase your competence.
2. Set up small and achievable goals. Goal setting will help you identify your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Achieving small goals will boost your confidence and bring in more success and more confidence.
3. Pay attention to your body language. A confident body posture includes a relaxed smiling facial expression with your chin up. Stand tall and straight, keep your legs aligned with your shoulders, keep your shoulders back, and place your hands on the side with an open palm.
4. Manage your mind state. You become what you think most about. Learn to pick up and reframe the negative self-talks that affect your confidence. Use visualization to create a positive mental image about yourself who stands tall and feels confident, and project this image in your mind more often during your day.
5. Watch your speech and moderate your pace and volume, this also relates to your breathing. Take a deep breath and speak slowly. Lower pitches generally are more pleasant to hear.
6. Get to know yourself. Write a journal about yourself, what are your strengths and principles? And what are your limits and weaknesses? Self-realization helps you build even greater self-confidence.
7. Develop your strength and manage your weakness. See the good in everyone. When you able to see the good in everyone, you only focus on the positive side of everything and this will help you develop a positive mental attitude, which is will reinforce your confidence.
It’s never too late to become a confident person and bring out the BEST in you! You have absolute control to become confident in any given situation in your life, let go of your past experiences and memories that hold you back and make you settle for less. Here comes the old saying, “Self-confidence is the BEST outfit!”
By Lucy Liu,
Author of 365 Daily Enlightenment